The Chairman of International Human Rights Commission (IHRC) His Excellency Dr. Muhammad Shahid Amin Khan has announced that ‘Excellency Julius Salik’ is designated as the ‘Ambassador at Large for Peace of International Human Rights Commission’ in view of his meritorious services for Peace, Human Rights & especially for the Minority Rights and Interfaith Harmony in Pakistan and worldwide.
The International Human Rights Commission (http://www.ihrchq.org) aims to:
- Facilitate the creation of cooperative networks and economic development programs enlisting and involving financial institutions, traditional and alternative energy producers, private enterprises, diplomatic representations, universities, governmental bodies and other concerned parties;
- Promote human rights peace, gender equality, health, equality, economic development and educational access, awareness regarding the rights of women, children and youth in developing nations and where ever needed;
- Broaden the understanding of sustainable economic development and promote the implementation and dissemination of norms, rules and guidelines that apply to this field;
- Assist developing nations by identifying and retaining businessmen, professionals and scholars willing to act as human Rights advisers to their diplomatic and consular network;
- Develop, establish and maintain ‘Sister’ relationships with institutions and like minded organizations located in high GNP countries and developing countries.
- Strengthen and support to all Nation’s capacity to engage in Sustainable Development through educational access, relief programs, ecological and bio-ethical reflection and action, while taking into consideration the traditional social and cultur
al values of each Nation;
Talking on telephone with J. Salik, His Excellency Dr. Muhammad Shahid Amin Khan appreciated his noble services and assured full support for his prolific peace initiatives.
Excellency Julius Salik will be honoured as ‘Ambassador at Large for Peace of International Human Rights Commission’ in a special ceremony and IHRC Chief will grace the occasion.
J. Salik disconnects the electricity to his residence and brings in camels to share his living space; burns his belongings; treks thousands of kilometers; observes silence for days on; talks for hours on; wears coarse cotton – does it all for a cause! as for Salik, every action has a reason, and an effect.
Nobel peace prize nominee and former Federal Minister of Pakistan, 62 year old J. Salik, is currently promoting his mission of world peace.