Raja Jahangir Akhtar: A Hunger Strike Till "Death"

According to our sources in Pakistan, a local bussinessman and a lifetime activist has declared his intent to go on an indefinite hunger strike unless some of his demands about Islamabad and Pakistan are considered by the authorities. Mr. Raja, as is obvious from his press release, understands the futility of this gestures but hopes that his “death” will somehow mobilize the people.

I do not have a lot of details,  but provided below is a Youtube interview and images of his statements and list of demands:

Press Release

16 comments for “Raja Jahangir Akhtar: A Hunger Strike Till "Death"

1. rajajahangirakhtar@gmail.com'
    Raja Jahangir Akhtar
    August 15, 2011 at 3:13 am

Thankyou very much for puttng u statement on your website, with friends like you
    i feel i’m not alone in raising vital national issues… I hope ypu’ll support me in promoting great national cause.. Thanks…!

2. pakistaniaat@gmail.com'
    August 15, 2011 at 12:24 pm

You are welcome Raja Sahib: all our best wishes to you in your efforts.

3. rajajahangirakhtar@gmail.com'
    Raja Jahangir Akhtar
    August 16, 2011 at 8:10 am

Thankyou, i appreciate your concerns….

4. arzo_sea@yahoo.com'
    Mian Fiaz Younas
    August 18, 2011 at 7:57 am

I am out of country and can guess in how worst situation Pakistan is going. But our leader, don’t care of people. In this way, if someone stands against coruption which is main thing to unstablize nation root. I really appreciate. We say we are alive nation.
    Yes We are !!!
    But we have to stand united against these bullshit leader who let pakistan to go day by day in decreasing position.
    I call Pakistan young generation………..please come and behave like brave and patriotic pakistan to get rid of these leaders and problems. Coruptions is at its peak to destroy nation. Terrorist doing also against Pakistan to make it unstabilize. This is not called JIHAD TO kill innocent peolpe. This is not motto of great religion ISLAM. Will you be blessed by GOD at day f judgement or by Holy Prophet (PBUH). You guys destroy real images of Pakistan.

I gave much respect to Gen.Ashfaq Kinai but now he is also part of this bad team. Questions were arising against solrity of Pakistan national and defense boarder.

Come and save pakistan………If one Old guy from indian strike for india then how we can not …….we are pakistan !!!!

5. jawad.sulphite@gmail.com'
    Jawad
    September 3, 2011 at 11:20 am

This is just about time that someone has come forward with this idea. I’ve never advocated the idea of a military intervention to out throw incumbent government, how corrupt and unsuccessful it may be. Democratic process should continue so as to have opportunity to evolve over the period. Such an agitation which could result in pass or amendment of bills in parliamant is the appropriate way to bring a revolution. You have all my best wishes.

Yet it is a sad fact that I have not heard of this act anywhere on electronic media, nor through social media channels. I intend to start compaigning for it theough facebook and text messages, and so should you. If such an agitation is to happen, it should bring fruits. Otherwise it’d end up lowering people’s hopes further in a peaceful revolution.

6. gadaakhil@gmail.com'
    Akhil Gada
    September 5, 2011 at 11:17 pm

We all Indian common man are with you dear Akhtar. This is the only way 2 countries can achieve peace with each other and prosper not only by wealth but also ethically , socially and by character. All the best wishes to you , I salute not only your patriotism but also kind and compassionate qualities within you . May there arise billions of Raja Jahangir Akhtars and Anna Hazzares in India and Pakistan and throughout the world to improve quality of live in the entire world.

7. khi1231@hotmail.com'
    September 21, 2011 at 1:08 am

We support the cause and are fully with you.

8. arp.agarwal1989@gmail.com'
    Arpit Agarwal
    September 23, 2011 at 12:34 pm

Dear Respected Sir, Thanks a lot for starting your campaign to remove corruption from your country. It’ll certainly help to make a corruption free nation and world. I’m an Indian and have been a part of Mr. Anna Hazare’s anti-corruption campaign. I support u and my best wishes are with u.

Comments are closed.